DAEMON Tools Lite
If you often download software (games, different types of OS distributives, reference books etc.) from torrent trackers and file exchange servers, surely you use virtual emulating of ISO or other format images in order to run the application on your PC. While selecting the best tool for emulating the virtual images, many of us encounter with DAEMON Tools – the ultimate professional emulator, which has just a few alternatives on the current software market. If you download free DAEMON Tools Lite version, you get the all-in-one package, which can not only mount an image to the logical device, but also grab a CD or DVD disk, and thus generate an MDX or ISO result file, which you can freely use on any machine to run.
Of course, the functionality of free Lite DT build is a bit limited in comparison with full version of the utility, but the variety of available functions is pretty enough for comfortable pro work with virtual discs.
What features does DAEMON Tools Lite suggest? Here is the brief list of them:
- handy manager of all the available virtual images, brought together into single list. Such an approach allows to easily handle with all the ISO-files in a few clicks and have an intuitive approach to the virtual emulating routine itself;
- mounting of all types of virtual images, starting from the most widely used CUE, BIN and ISO to not so popular NRG, CDI, CCD and many others (about 15 formats overall);
- easy methods of mounting the images onto drives with drag-and-drop and quick mounting technologies support;
- emulating of up to 4 DT/SCSI/HD virtual devices simultaneously;
- grabbing of the optical disks into MDS, MDX or ISO virtual image files;
- perfectly handles copies of disks with miscellaneous and secure protection (Protect CD, CDCOPS, StarForce, SafeDisk, LaserLock and SecuRom);
- compression and decrypting of the user’s virtual disks.
The only feature which could be definitely suitable for free usage in DT is the burning of an image to fresh CD, DVD or BD disk. But if you still require this feature, try using the ImgBurn app. It’s absolutely free and contains all the appropriate features related to burning of the virtual images into optical disks.
Regarding the compatibility of DAEMON Tools Lite with the Windows OS and other systems, the app supports all the systems of Win generation starting from Windows 2000. In addition, DAEMON Tools Lite perfectly works on Mac OS X 10.8 build and later releases.
DAEMON Tools free full version is always available on the official project web-resource, thus you may easily download it any moment. The program doesn’t need any registration or e-mail confirmation and the free license allows to use the app on 3 distinct machines maximum.