Among the apps for emulating the virtual drives one of the most popular is DAEMON Tools. In addition to the free version, the developers present the paid Ultra version, which comprises miscellaneous features, not available in free application version. In this article I will tell about the peculiarities of DAEMON Tools Ultra, its main functions and abilities and differences between the free and Ultra versions.
Daemon Tools is, perhaps, the most professional and outstanding tool for the optical disk and virtual drive authoring and emulating. Having the enriched and productive history, the app has been constantly developing and improving for the period of more than 15 years from now, accumulating new brand and exclusive features and overgrowing into multifunctional and quite mighty product.
In addition to freemium distribution model, the developers suggest the users to acquire Pro and Ultra versions which differ by the variety of available functions and number of abilities. DAEMON Tools Ultra is the most powerful of them on the PC.
You may download DAEMON Tools Ultra for free from the official project web-site and enjoy using it for 14 days without any payment and functional restrictions. After that you will have to obtain the license or switch to Lite version.
Here is the detailed and precise list of functions which distinguishes the app from the list of alternatives and marks it out from the non-paid Lite version:
- creation of virtual images from audio tracks, resources and disc handlers;
- emulating the unlimited quantity of HDD, SCSI, IDE and DT virtual images;
- editing, converting, compressing, splitting, protecting and burning images;
- the multitasking feature – the ability to call multitude of synchronizing wizards in order to reduce processing time;
- backing up any file resources to TrueCrypt, VHD or disk containers;
- adding and adjusting backup tasks for automatic running;
- planning your personal schedule for managing backups;
- turning on notifier on email for monitoring task processing;
- writing bootable drives to USB managers in a couple of clicks;
- creation of the accessible, reusable, fast-operating and durable devices for recovery of the operational system
- booting to BIOS or UEFI; operations with MBR or GPT-type logical devices;
- trying both Win or Linux recovery flash devices based on USB-interface;
- creating and mounting virtual RAM drives, using a memory block;
- creating, mounting and adjusting any kinds of virtual images;
- backing up data and ability to host more than a single operational system on the computer;
- using TrueCrypt containers for the most sensual info protection;
- mounting VHD and TrueCrypt file resources, which were created in another apps.
In addition to this, there are some distinctive functions in DAEMON Tools Ultra, which contribute to the Virtual Burner and USB/iSCSI protocols sharing. Here they are:
- creation of Writable Virtual Drive and burning files to virtual images instead of discs;
- testing of your custom DVD/CDs prior to their burning to optical storage devices;
- using of the advanced iSCSI interface for connection to USB-devices;
- connecting to third-party servers or iSCSI Target.
The app is compatible with any operational system of Windows-generation starting from ’98 and 2000 release and to the latest current. Also the program supports Mac OS X ranging from 10.6 build to the most contemporary.
You may always download DAEMON Tools Ultra full version on the official web-resource without paying a single penny and trying to use fully-functional trial version for 14 days according to your choice. This period is quite enough to get acquainted with all the premium features and make a decision whether you need to buy a license afterwards or free Lite version is pretty enough for you.
Downloads DAEMON Tools Ultra?
Share the page on your site: